The Volta Blog
State of the Notion
NOTE: This post predates this project’s rename to Volta.
package.json to remember and launch the right versions of a project’s required tools, so developers and users always see their projects build and run in a consistent environment.
Lots of good stuff is happening—I can feel the momentum picking up!
- Michael Stewart is making great progress on
notion install <package>
- Chuck Pierce is getting us started on hooks and error message quality
- Chris Krycho and I have been working on the web site
Some of the big things I think we need to tackle next are:
- Get the work I mentioned done, of course!
- Take another pass at the Unix installation scripts and make them more robust for all shells.
- Get the Windows installer working.
- Make the shims more robust (signal handling, shim name detection logic).
- Easier self-update workflow.
- Get lots of user input and address whatever issues come up!